Wednesday, April 20, 2016
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
This discussion presents a condensed overview of the CDO Agenda, and will help you to:
- Recognize when data challenges are really the root cause of underlying business and IT problems;
- Build business cases to obtain requisite funding for these initiatives; and
- Rapidly achieve tangible recognizable results ensuring further investment.
Why you should attend:
- Data challenges are embedded in virtually all business and governmental initiatives – representing a very real "IT Achilles heel"
- Very little time and attention is focused on data in either college/university education or practical training
- Understanding the value of standing up a data team is much more effective than attempting to address these challenges piecemeal
Traditional approaches while fine in theory do not reflect the realities of today's regulatory and budget constrained environments.
Linda Powell is the Chief Data Officer of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Previously, she was the CDO at the Office of Financial Research within the U.S. Treasury Department and Chief of the Economic Data Management and Analysis section in the Research Division at the Board of Governors Federal Reserve System. She has a BA in Economics from Rutgers University and an MS in quantitative Finance from George Washington University. She has over 25 years of experience in the finance industry including a money center bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of NY, Board of Governors, OFR, and CFPB.
Peter Aiken is acknowledged to be a top data management (DM) authority. As a practicing data consultant, author and researcher, he has been actively performing and studying DM for more than 30 years. His expertise has been sought by some of the world's most important organizations and his achievements have been recognized internationally. He has held leadership positions and consulted with more than 75 organizations in 21 countries across numerous industries, including defense, banking, healthcare, telecommunications and manufacturing. He is a sought-after keynote speaker and author of multiple publications, including his latest the "Case for the CDO" & "Monetizing Data Management." Peter is the Founding Director of Data Blueprint, a consulting firm that helps organizations leverage data for competitive advantage and operational efficiencies. He is also Associate Professor of Information Systems at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) and past President of DAMA-I.